The objective of this program is to engage students in the design and construction of a themed escape room experience. Students will work collaboratively, in teams of 2-4, to create themed puzzles. Each team will build a different puzzle, complete with clues and decorations related to a specific historical time period. Students will have a choice of five themes/historical periods – Stone Age, Bronze Age, Ancient Rome, Early Modern, and Late Modern.
Enquire or Book
- Critical & Creative Thinking
- Understand the concept of an escape a room experience
- Collaborate effectively to create a puzzle that reflects a specific historical time period and ties in with a specific escape room narrative
- Consider a range of tools, technologies and specialist equipment
The puzzles will need to meet specific requirements and align with the escape room narrative (each of the puzzles will house a clue that will hold a part of the answer to override MOTHER, an AI threatening to take over the world). At the end, all puzzles will connect into a larger whole. Players will need to successfully complete each puzzle to reveal the password to override MOTHER and save the world.
Students will collaborate to exhibit their puzzles as part of an immersive escape room experience. Students, teachers and parents should be encouraged to take part in the escape room experience.
2 Day Program
- Escape Rooms
- Problem Solving
- Digital, Computer & Technological Literacy
- Computer Aided Design
- 3D Printing
- Adobe Illustrator CC