Students have access to a range of future-focused technologies as part of our programs. Our facility is equipped with exciting tech that accelerates prototyping and production, from subtractive and additive manufacturing to a dedicated fibre hub for textiles and fashion innovation.
- Ultimaker Fused Filament Fabrication (FFF) 3D Printers
- FormLabs Resin Sterolithography (SLA) Printers with alcohol wash and ultraviolet curing station
- Stratasys F170 heated chamber 3D Printer
- Janome sewing machines
- Brother embroidery machine
- Ricoh garment printer
- Trotec Speedy 400 Laser Cutter
- Tekcel P2 Computer Numeric Control Router
- Protomax Water Jet Cutter
- Roland MDX-50 Computer Numeric Control 4-axis Router
- Roland DE-3 Desktop Engraver
Printing and Signage
- Roland vinyl cutter
- Roland vinyl print and cut
- Roland UV printer
- Cricut Maker
- HP A0 large format plotter
Augmented, Mixed and Virtual Reality
Technologies for working in an entirely virtual space, augmented with the real world or mixing the virtual and real world together, including:
- Microsoft HoloLens for Mixed Reality
- HTC Vive for Virtual Reality
- Motorola Phones for Augmented Reality
Podcast and Music Studio
Industry standard recording studio for pre-recorded and live content including:
- Rodecaster Mixing Table
- Rodecaster Microphones
- BirdDog Pan, Tilt, Zoom (PTZ) Camera
- Moog Synthesizers and Instrument Mixers
Video Editing and Visual Effects
Software and hardware essential to the development of video content and visual effects including:
- Greenscreen Room
- GoPro Cameras
- Camera Gimbals
- Adobe Video Editing Software (After Effects, Premiere Rush, Premiere Pro)
The spaces around the facility are designed to promote new ways of thinking and innovating, from interactive displays to walls you can write on; from collaboration spaces to focus nooks. There is something to suit every team and every project at Banyule Nillumbik Tech School.
An open innovation space, with digital displays, an interactive display and conventional whiteboards. The space can be combined with the Systems Lab to increase capacity.
A spacious auditorium/presentation area featuring a large projector and audio system.
An open innovation space, with digital displays, an interactive display and conventional whiteboards.
An isolated space for small teams to collaborate and innovate with less distractions.
A space dedicated to displaying program artifacts, student works, and special exhibitions.
A digital innovation space with illustration, video editing and computer aided design capable PC’s and a green screen space.
A fully equipped kitchen for catering, cooking and cleaning with a dedicated oven, dishwasher, and fridge.
A physical innovation space for building and prototyping with various physical materials.
A dedicated systems engineering space, with capacity for electronics and low-level chemical work. The space can be combined with the Blue Room to increase capacity.
The Podcast Studio
An industry standard podcast studio with everything needed to create pre-recorded or live content.
A space dedicated to fibre and fabric work with Janome sewing machines, as well as garment printing and embroidery capabilities.
The Roofless Room
An outdoor space with a deck area featuring seating, dedicated power and bench space for outdoor events and sloping synthetic turf.
Looking to book a space?
Keen to find out how you can use a space at Banyule Nillumbik Tech School for your next event or meeting?