Teacher Ambassadors work with the Tech School to advocate for a pedagogical approach of inquiry-based learning with a STEM (STEAM) influence, that leverages the use of future-focused technologies.
As representatives of our partner schools, teacher ambassadors will have an opportunity to shape the direction of Tech School programs, be involved in their co-design and provide feedback on their implementation, as well as become a part of a community of practice by attending professional learning sessions and networking events. Additionally, teacher ambassadors promote Tech School programs and events in their home school, liaise with student ambassadors, and communicate their school needs.
They embody and model the ‘innovation mindset’ and work to create a climate of possibility by empowering both colleagues and young people.
Student Ambassadors are key members of our team. They inform our direction, represent young people on our Tech School committee and are passionate advocates for the Tech School in their home school setting.
The Student Ambassador Program is comprised of four self- or school-nominated students from each of our partner schools. Delivered over seven sessions throughout the year, the program is designed to build student agency at the Tech School and an inter-school youth community in Melbourne’s north.
The program also provides students with the opportunity to engage with STEAM in a practical context and develop transferable skills such as leadership, teamwork, and communication.
If you are a partner school student, or know one who may be interested in getting involved in this program, contact the Tech School Teacher Ambassadors at your school.
Teacher Ambassador Role:
- Promote Tech School programs, including core programs (Design Challenges and Inquiries),
specialist programs, Student Startup, afterschool programs, teacher PL sessions and other opportunities
- Co-design, co-deliver and provide feedback on our programs
- Liaise with student ambassadors to communicate Tech School events
- Communicate teacher professional needs of their school
What’s on offer:
- Being a part of the Tech School program co-design process
- Being a part of a community of practice with our network of schools
- Access to a network of industry partners
- Priority access to Tech School professional learning workshops
- CRT coverage to attend Tech School run professional development workshops
- Digital Literacy
- Peer-to-peer education
- Connect with students from other local schools
- Network with industry partners and community groups
- Feed into development of programs, events and the operations of the Tech School
Tech School Ambassador workshops have been great for increasing my skills in all manner of ways! Thank you for putting in your all to help us learn these amazing new skills!
Interested in becoming a Teacher Ambassador?
Student Ambassador applications
Instructions for Student Ambassador registration will be sent to Teacher Ambassadors within our partner schools. If you are a student interested in becoming a student ambassador please reach out to your school’s Teacher Ambassador.